Thursday 10 April 2014

Eyes and Teas

So sorry for the blogging hiatus, but I do have two very good excuses:
1) Last Wednesday I had LASEK laser eye surgery
2) I've been spending lots of time decorating the tea room

This is just a short post to let you know that I am still here, but my eyes are still blurry and using the computer isn't a joyful experience at the moment. Plus, it's tea room opening day on Monday and I'm spending lots of time up there getting things ready, not to mention having to do lots of shopping to get it all stocked (it's a good job I like to shop!)

Anyway here are a few photos instead of words

My eyes, about 6 hours after surgery - don't they look sad?!


The glamour of it all - sunglasses indoors at 9.30pm.
 The tea room from the outside on the day I took it over.
 And inside. Cluttered, much?!?

 A couple of days later, with the dresser that hubby and I bought using money given to us for our wedding.
Blackboard paint.
 And one of the tables sporting its lovely new oilcloth, all set for you to join us for afternoon tea (low-fat version, no food...)

5 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to hear what you thought about the eye surgery, it's something I'd love to have one day. I wear contact lenses now - I started wearing glasses when I was five! The tea room looks amazing, you have worked hard. I'm wishing you the very best of luck with it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your eyes unblur soon, my are driving me crazy----allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your eyes are soon seeing perfectly clearly, I had mine done a few years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did. Just going over to like the tea room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting, the tea room I mean though of course its good to get your eyes fixed. Good luck with both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting. Will pop over to FB now. Hope they eyes are OK now and the surgery was successful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I try to respond to your comments within this section, so please check back (if you feel like it!)